Role of the Teacher
In the Distance Learning Lab
The teacher is responsible for all aspects of the instructional process.
The teacher will
be aided by facilitators at all remote sites. The teacher and the facilitators
together to insure the success of the students.
• The teacher
is responsible for instructing the students in the subject content.
• The teacher is responsible for establishing classroom procedures/policies
for the local
and the remote sites.
• The teacher is responsible for establishing a rapport with the
• The teacher is responsible for communicating with the parents.
• The teacher is responsible for submitting attendance at the
• The teacher is responsible for issuing books and maintaining
a record of issued books
at the local site.
• Before the class begins each day, the teacher will communicate
with each facilitator to
be sure the remote sites are receiving transmission.
• The teacher will monitor the distance learning equipment .
• The teacher will monitor the distance learning session.
• The teacher will contact Instructional Technology for support.
• The teacher will establish a procedure to obtain assignments/tests
collected by the
• The teacher will establish a procedure to return graded assignments
to the facilitators.
• The teacher will insure that the equipment is plugged into the
electrical outlet and into
the network drop.
• The teacher will use the MGC software to schedule the learning
• The teacher will use the MGC software to monitor the ongoing
• The teacher will use the MGC software to reconnect a school
that is disconnected.
• When the teacher is unable to reconnect a school, she/he will
Instructional Technology for assistance.
• Until the connection can be reestablished, both the teacher
and the facilitator will put their phones on speaker phone.