Jasper High School is dedicated to providing a unified,
environment where each student will be
prepared to succeed in a diverse and challenging world.
For a list of the accomplishments at Jasper High School please click here
Native Spanish Speaker Credit by Exam
Students, if you are a native Spanish speaker and do not have your Spanish 1 or Spanish 2 credit, this could be for you. The Native Spanish Speaker Credit-By-Exam is an opportunity to give you credit toward your graduation plan based on your present Spanish-speaking abilities. The test will be given next week on Friday, September 2nd. Applications require a parent’s signature. Deadline for submitting the application is this coming Tuesday at noon. Pick up applications from the counseling office or the foreign language department today and tomorrow.
Student Pick up and Drop Off
Morning drop off:
- All students should be dropped off in the circle drive located in the south parking lot.
- In the morning, both lanes are for dropping off your students.
- No student should be dropped off in the front staff parking lot!
Afternoon pick up:
- All students should be picked up either in the circle drive or the south parking lot.
- No student should be picked up in the north staff parking lot with the exception pre-authorized.
- For those picking up in the circle drive, please keep in mind that the right lane is for picking up your student and the left lane is for exiting the circle drive.
- No parent should be stopped in the left lane to pick up a student.
- Parents picking up in the parking lot, no parent should be stopped or driving in the lane that runs north and south. This is for our bus drivers to pull into the bus lane.
- A map is provided below to better help explain afternoon pick up.
Student pictures August 25 and 26
School pictures for the 2016-2017 school year will take place the first week of school. 10th graders will take their pictures on August 25th and 9th graders on August 26th. Students will receive their student ID after they have taken their picture. For information about ordering pictures, please click here:
Pictures will be taken through the students English class. They will be receiving physical order forms the fist week of school.
STUDENT PICK-UP AT JASPER EVENTS ON OR OFF CAMPUS:
Students are expected to be picked up within 15 minutes after the a event is over. If a student is not picked up in this time frame, the student is jeopardizing their privilege of attending events for the rest of the year. It is suggested you call home at the beginning of the fourth quarter or third match in volleyball games. If it is a performance, the student should call home at intermission or before the last group is performing. If you have any questions about this, please see an administrator.
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT AT EXTRA CURRICULAR EVENTS:
Students, as we begin the year and start attending extra-curricular events, please keep in mind that the Student Code of Conduct is still in force while at these events. This is true even if you are at another campus or PISD site like a football stadium. Any violation of the Student Code of Conduct could jeopardize your student status here at Jasper. When attending games at one of the PISD stadiums, please adhere to the following rules when attending games at all Plano ISD Stadiums:
- Backpacks are prohibited and will not be allowed inside the stadium.
- Body painting is not allowed. Face painting and painted t-shirts are allowed.
- Masks and other face coverings are not allowed.
- All food and drinks from the outside are prohibited.
- Signs must be positive, appropriate and promote the participants.
- No balls are allowed in the stadium except on the field of play.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco product and weapons are prohibited by law.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- No Powder
Visitors to Campus
ALL visitors entering the building will now have to have their Driver’s License with them to be Raptored in. This includes picking up students, volunteering, counseling or teacher meetings. Please remember to bring it with you from your car!
Safety Drills and Information August 24-26
On Wednesday, August 24 through Friday August 26 Jasper will be conducting a series of safety drills to ensure that students and staff know how to respond in the face of an emergency. Please see the attached letter about SRP which is what we will be teaching.
Yearbooks are available to be purchased online beginning August 1. These may be purchased with a credit card at www.jostensyearbooks.com .
Congressinal youth Advisory Council
Anyone that is interested in the Congressional Yought Advisory Council, information about the U.S. Service Academy nominations, "Paying from College" event, or Congressional App Challenge should click the folllowing link for a letter from US Congressman Sam Johnson about these oppertunities.
Jasper High School Exemplary Campus
Directory of Human Services in Collin County, TX
(maintained by the Assistance Center of Collin County)